Please note that a user of your application is counted as a Monthly Active User (MAU) as soon as they utilize functionalities provided by the respective SDK:
- Maps SDK: A user is considered active when they use your app in a way that employs Maps SDK functionality, such as viewing a map or creating a map snapshot. More details can be found in the Maps SDK Pricing Guide.
- Navigation SDK: The criteria for being active are different across versions. Please refer to the specific pricing guides for each version to find out when a user is considered active:
The following are key points to consider:
- Testing and Development: Every use, including each simulated device used in development and testing, counts as an MAU. This applies even if the app is in the testing phase and not released to production.
- App Deletion and Re-installation: Deleting and re-installing an app that uses the SDK will result in an additional MAU since the SDK does not store personally identifying information.
- Reviewing MAUs: You can review the accumulated MAUs throughout your account's billing period on your account's statistics page.
- Pricing Guides and Free Tier: A generous free tier for MAUs allows for a set number of devices to use the SDK without charge. For more detailed information on the MAU limits and pricing, refer to the respective pricing guides linked above.
In Summary: Every interaction with the SDK functionalities, whether in development or production, is counted towards the MAU. It is essential to review your usage against the free tier limits and to align with your app's requirements.
Note: If you are using a version below v2 of the Navigation SDK, consider upgrading to the latest versions that offer different pricing models, such as per-trip (session) pricing. This newer model provides a higher monthly free level and lower cost per user compared to the earlier versions. Refer to the documentation for the latest versions and v1.x versions for more information.